Monday, July 25, 2011

Auto-immune Paleo?

Striving to do a stricter, auto-immune version of the diet, and find myself - for the first time - really struggling. My go-to foods for the past six-plus months have been: eggs, nuts, more nuts, almond butter. Of course, I eat all the other stuff, the fish, the meat, the veggies, berries, reasonable fruits. But when I have the munchies, it's been nuts and almond butter. And a hefty plate of eggs has started virtually every morning since I started this on Feb. 1 this year.

But this morning I started with some chicken and baked yam. And tomorrow will probably be salmon and broccoli. It's weird and not entirely filling. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it?

Julianne's Paleo & Zone Nutrition Blog was my inspiration. She's having great luck with it. I shall persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment